Abstracts of ca. 300 words (excluding references) are cordially invited for 20-minute presentations followed by discussion. While contributions may be in English or in Italian / French / German / Russian / Spanish, any accompanying material (abstract, handout, Powerpoint presentation) must be in English.
Suggested topics include:
– Translation, culture and cognition;
– History of translation and translation studies;
– Lexicography and the tools of translation through time;
– The translation of medieval texts: theoretical and methodological specificities;
– Teaching (in) translation;
– Comparative, transnational, and interdisciplinary approaches to the dissemination of knowledge in Europe
and the Americas;
– The relapses of the “two-culture-debate” on recent hermeneutic and translation theories;
– Dispossession, vulnerability and resistance in translation studies, cultural exchange and cultural transfer;
– The poetics of translation.