In order to promote the exchange of academic achievements and the international dissemination of research on translation and interpreting, and to enhance the international influence of China Association for Comparative Studies of English and Chinese (CACSEC) on translation and interpreting research, the Professional Committee of Translation and Interpreting (PCTI) of CACSEC will hold an International Symposium on Translation Communication and Intercultural Studies—2023 High-level Forum of the PCTI of the CACSEC at the Chinese Heritage Centre of Nanyang University of Technology, Singapore on July 26-29, 2023 (check-in on July 25, leave on July 30). This symposium/high-level forum is sponsored by the Chinese Heritage Centre, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and cosponsored by Translation Research and Teaching, A journal of Chinese humanities and social sciences. We welcome experts and scholars from all over the world in translation and interpreting to Singapore for the grand event.
Main Topics (but not limited to the following):
- Chinese and English comparison, translation and interpreting
- Cognitive interpreting/Embodied-interpreting and cognitive process of translation
- International communication of translation and interpreting
- The profession and ethics of translation and interpreting
- „Digital+” translation multimodality and applied translation
- Translation and interpreting teaching in the context of COVID-19
- Translation of Chinese culture and classics into English
- Chinese and foreign translators and translation history
Check the conference site for more details.