On 26th-30th June 2017, the Consortium for Translation Education Research (CTER) organised an international training event for teachers of translation under the name CTER Training Seminar for Translation Teachers (CTER Seminar 2017). The workshop was organised with the official endorsement of the European Society of Translation Studies (EST), and the training sessions were led by leading translator educators, including:
- Prof. Maureen Ehrensberger-Dow (Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland);
- Prof. Gary Massey (Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland);
- Prof. Maria Piotrowska (Uniwersytet Jagielloński in Krakow, Poland);
- Prof. Anthony Pym (University of Melbourne, Australia; Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain);
- Prof. Christina Schaeffner (Aston University, Birmingham, England).